Sicily is a beautiful region of Italy; separated from the mainland it boasts being the largest island in the Mediterranean. It is a popular day-trip destination from Malta because of its close proximity to the Maltese Islands.
On this picturesque journey to the crater of Europe’s most active volcano you will travel through ancient villages and varied countryside whose fertile soil houses orange, lemon and olive groves, chestnut trees and the vineyards which produce Sicily’s celebrated wines. Why not stop enroute to sample some of these delicious delicacies?
Modica is a thriving ancient city where you can visit the baroque buildings such as the impressive San Giorgio Cathedral set atop a flight of 250 steps and have a coffee in Il Corso a typical Sicilian meeting place. Modica is nestled in the Hyblaean Mountains and boasts one of the highest bridges in Europe.
Finally you will depart for Pozzallo with a running commentary from your guide.
Important to know
The itinerary of this excursion may be altered subject to weather conditions.
Copies of your travel documents must be sent with this booking.
FAMILY PLAN: When two adults are travelling together, the first two children (4 years till under 14 years), travel free except for the charges, fuel surcharge & local transport (if required).
The company reserves the right to introduce a fuel surcharge from time to time without prior notice.
Every Wednesday, Friday & Sunday.
October 2017 - 30th April 2017
06:30 Departure from Malta
08:15 Arrival in Pozzallo
19.30 Departure from Pozzallo
21:15 Arrival in Malta
11 hours 15 minutes (approx.)
Included in price:
- Catamaran crossing
- On the way to Mt. Etna you will stop to sample some typical Sicilian delicacies, including wines / almond sweets and honey; these Sicilian specialities are for sale (no obligation to buy).
- Drive up to Sylvester Craters of MT. ETNA having time for lunch (not included in the price) and souvenir shopping.
- Depart Mt. Etna for the baroque city of MODICA to enjoy some free time in the city centre.
- Depart Modica for Pozzallo, with a running commentary by the guide.
- Pick-up from the port of Pozzallo by fully air-conditioned coaches, accompanied by guides (Transport is an additional €11 per person).
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- Transport in Malta (hotel/harbour/hotel)
Available on request
Updated by Emilie 18/04/2018
Activity price options
To book this item please contact us for availability and details.
Alpha Adventures offers the widest range of exciting tours, excursions & adventure activities you can book alone, as a family or a group.
English language courses
Alpha School of English offers a wide range of English language courses.
Visit our other website www.alphaschoolmalta.com.
Malta Tourism Authority
Alpha School of English is licensed by the Malta Tourism Authority (Licence Number 35-0026).
Alpha School of English, Arznell Street, St Paul's Bay SPB3232 MALTA, Europe
Telephone: +356 21 58 14 74